Monday, July 30, 2012

The Wisdom of President Obama

We have the wisdom of the Sphinx,

And the wisdom of the ages,

The wisdom of crocodiles

The wisdom of the Prophet

The wisdom of the Bible

And the wisdom of Solomon,

And then there's the wisdom of President Obama


“Just like we tried their plan, we tried our plan, and it worked. That’s the difference.”

       July 23, 2012, Oakland, California

“If you got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made it possible.”

        July 13, 2012

“The private sector is doing fine”

       June 8, 2012

“The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive. It’s wrong.”

        June 8, 2012

“Polish death camps”

        May 29, 2012

“This is my last election …. After my election I have more flexibility.”

           To Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, March, 26, 2012

"As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president - with the possible exceptions of Johnson, FDR and Lincoln - just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history."

        2012  Interview with Steve Kroft for 60 Minutes

French President Nicholas Sarkozy “Netanyahu, I can’t stand him.”

President Obama “You are sick of him, but I have to work with him every day.”

           November 7, 2011 at G-20 Conference

“Americans still believe in an America where anything’s possible…. They just don’t think their leaders do.”

"There are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers. You see it when you go to a bank and use an ATM. You don't go to a bank teller, or you go to the airport and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate."

            June 14, 2011 on the Today Show

“I guess shovel-ready jobs weren’t as shovel-ready as we thought.”

            June 13, 2011

“It’s not that I want to punish your success. I just want to ensure that everybody who is behind you, that they’ve got a chance at success too. My attitude is that if the economy’s good for the folks from the bottom up, it’s going to be good for everybody.”

“I do think that a certain point you’ve made enough money.”

“I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”

       October 12, 2008, dialogue with Joe the Plumber

"Now this Memorial Day, as our Nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many in the audience here today......." followed by my uncle helped liberate Auschwitz.

       Memorial Day Address 2008 (Auschwitz was liberated by the Red Army)


“It is wonderful to be back in Oregon. Over the past 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go, Alaska and Hawaii.”

       May 7, 2008, Beaverton, Oregon

“Well, Charlie, What I’ve said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness.”

        April 16, 2008. Primary Debate

“So, if somebody wants to build a coal powered plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them because they are going to be charged a large sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted.”

       San Francisco Chronicle

“It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment as a way to express their frustration.”

        April 6, 2008 at Pacific Heights San Francisco fundraiser talking about small town Pennsylvania

No comments: